Escapes and Newcomers
The ruckus caused by someone had made quite the show by now; Niko is on edge and defensive towards her other self, who barely comprehends the twisted person in front of them. White Hare – one of main problems within this world, but he isn’t much to blame for who he is. It just works out that each Labyrinth keeper is coo-coo in the head from pressure managing whole place, so there are no escapes, and no survivors, yet there is a restriction to all keepers – no right to kill, yet possibility to harm. This hare used as he could, forgetting that once there is an escapee from labyrinth he is granted freedom.
Screams and scratching noises could be heard from outside, Hare would not budge from his spot, staring at his prey.
– Not happy to see me? – Keeper spoke softly. – Sad to see you like this, I think I might actually help you out.
– Why would keeper dare involving himself this way? Is it not your wish to keep labyrinth forever? – Niko spoke.
“Hmmm…” – White Hare walked towards the farther wall, where the two girls were cornered. Ashes on ground made rustling sound like snow, walls were covered in splatted blood of ones who suffered here, bones scattered near walls, faint light from ceiling holes, making room seem like torture chamber.
– Where is Red? – Doppel looked up as there was the laughter somewhere, sound of chainsaw slashing through bodies, bastards crying out for the last time as they die. Some commands being yelled and firearms used. Explosions are echoing again.
“Stop ruining my precious labyrinth you bastards!” – yelled White Hare as he snapped. He stopped and kicked a pile of bones, ripped a paper map which hung on the wall, tossed it. “How dare they! I worked so hard on it! Soulless oblivious trashbags!”
Doppel putted a hand on Nikos shoulder, asking to stand by silently, then she stepped closer to Hare, her hand slowly reaching out to the keeper, as he mumbles something throwing tantrum.
– I am sorry, – she said as her palm reached Hares shoulder. – You put in so much effort, love and work into this. It makes me sad too.
Hare glanced at her, looking surprised by her words and she just smiled, sadly, then hugged the man, as tight as she could.
Hare was dumbstruck, unsure what to do he looked at Niko, she was as confused.
Growling of something new arrived and it was now mixed up with yelling of man, most likely commanding this obscene creature.
“You smell like chrysanthemum, so sweet and warm like summer.” – Doppels voice was calm and sweet.
“Why… would you say it?” – Keeper spoke looking at some point in the room.
It was silent in the room. Then sharp pain in Nikos chest grabbed her by surprise, making her bend and sit on the floor. “I must find Red.” – Niko thought to herself.
“Go get her, she is seeking for you too.” – Hare spoke.
– I’ll stay with you, may I? – Doppel did not let go. – I feel like I want to stay with you like this.
Hare said nothing, just looked at Niko, their eyes met, he nodded to her, then as Niko got back upi on her feet, Hare hugged Doppel back.
– I’ll go. Be safe. – Niko threw as she darted out the door.
Hallway is reeking of some sort of gas, this gas also makes bastards corrode and become pile of gooey liquid, making it harder to run or walk, as it all is slippery. Not the best circumstances when half floors are crumbled to bits and there is nothing much to step on already.
The cries of chainsaw were towards the area where blasts took off, so there was a great chance that Red was exhausted as it, making it easier to deal with her. “Well, whoever you are, people with firearms, you helped out quite a bit.” – Niko thought to herself.
Right then the wall on her left blew up and few bastards along with Red flew inside the hall.
– Room extension? – Niko said out loud something odd, which did attract attention of the Red, as well as few gunmen who followed her. By this moment all the hall was taken by new wave of gas, making all bastards dissolve.
– One of them! Kill them both! – Gun folding soldier shouted through his protective mask.
– What? Me too? Really? What a flattering issue but not today gentleman! – Niko darted towards men, grabbing needle from her waist pocket, pushing needles in the spine parts of the neck, knocking boys off to La-La Land.
Red was just observing the show. Right when all the distractions were asleep, Niko turned to Red.
– What the hell are they about? Weren’t we having our moment of tag game and was I not in fear? – Niko took a good look at Red, half of dress ripped, stockings barely holding, her breasts half revealed, hair messed up, only chainsaw as bloody as it gets. – I think my adrenalin just made me hell of a brave girl and now it wears off. But judging by your look you are trying to seduce me. – Niko pressed her lips and nodded.
– You sure dare to talk smack to me, and with such a face. I think I should wipe that happy look off your face. As it seems like we don’t have any more time to play. – Reds voice hung up like an omen.
– You give me chills.
Niko turned to the rustling sound, more soldiers were coming. Someone took a shot, but Niko reacted fast, darting towards Red, grabbing her hand and running off with her; “Let’s sort it out just a tad bit later, shall we, or we’ll get evened out by these lads. Don’t want you dead yet, darling.”
They run through the hall, to the stairs, upwards, something blasted just behind them, making stairs break and fall down, but they managed to get on the safe part of the floor 11. Niko still unsure if they are safe grabbed Red by her waist and make a run further to get to next flight of stairs in mid-section of building, but the yelling of soldiers from that direction made them run inside the first room they got into.
Large window with Grande view of the sky, with smokes rising up from below, fire burning out the labyrinth. Niko went to look below, discovering quite a battalion armed and storming this place.
– What the hell is this? What are They doing here? – she said.
Red breathed out, now seeming like a comrade in this, wiped her forehead, then tossed her red hair back, so they do not get in the way. Her long red hair looked majestically, her face was delicate and she herself with her body, just feminine and beautiful, long fingers, stunning legs, round hips, slim waist, plump round breasts and foremost – grey eyes. She seems like epitome of beauty, if not her broken down mental issues, but here she seems perfectly fine, as if even normal.
– These idiots just blasted their way in, seeking for something or someone. Perhaps mustering courage of sorts to finally face what they fear most. Silly sods. – Red checked her chainsaw for damages, then looked up to Niko – We have a fight to sort out between us.
With this said Red made her chainsaw screech and gunned towards opened opponent. Niko barely moved out of the harms way.
– Oh hey now! You want to sort it out now of all times? – Niko spoke as she avoided the hits.
– Now or never! Die! – Shouted Red.
Niko grabbed the stashed dagger held in boot, defending herself. Red made move after move targeting head and heart of opponent. One hit with her chainsaw and there is instant death. So balancing it out in such room with all the issues around is a hassle. Niko moved swiftly, mostly due to her adrenalin spiking like crazy, making it more of an insanity void crawling from behind.
Move after move, all the walls, all the inners of room, floor, they all were scratched hard with chainsaw, making it look quite the horror show.
Right then something made Niko hear in her head voice pleading for death, and by the sound of it, it was Red, just more soft and humble, as if from years ago, when she still was herself, not the experiment gone wrong. Such occurrence made Niko unaware of the chainsaw flying at her, and she was pinned and bruised on the edge of her shoulder, blood gushing out.
Red walked towards the victim looking victorious, but as she came closer, putting her hand on the chainsaw handle, Niko swiftly gunned dagger in her heart. Red choked out blood, smiling.
– I knew I could trust you with this. With getting me freed. Thank you.
She spoke her last words before she fell in Nikos hands, lifeless, with smile on her lips. Right after this the blasts were closer, the soldiers found Niko, seized her and pulled with them to the outside.
Camp was settled right outside the labyrinth, there were few generals by the look of it, as Niko was tossed inside the tent. Taking short look around she saw Doppel, making her a bit relieved.
– Are you a part of this labyrinth setup? What are your duties within it? – harshly spoke bearded man, looking like he just got from mountains.
– Not. Never were. Not a single duty in here. Just got tossed inside by hell knows who. He was psycho as far as I’m concerned.
– What’s your name, piece of trash?
– Right hand of Emperor Elleney Drieth, Niko. – She blurred out making all the man around freeze for a moment there, with the most surprised look you could think of.
– You’ll be sent out for trial to the City of Amereq, along with this person here. – He pointed out to Doppel. – Here sure as hell can’t be two right hand people of same Emperor.
As they were taken in custody of Prime Oracle Veryn, who came to this battle as magical support commander, both girls got inside the carriage where met with Hare and Cat. Oracle just ordered the driver to step on it as they moved out of the Labyrinths land.
– I apologize for crude treatment from these goons. They are far away from comprehension of ways of magic. I was ordered to scout you all out and make sure of your safety. – Veryn snapped fingers and all the shackles fell off, releasing all four of bonds.
– I’ll return the three of you to the Emperors palace, there you’ll decide of what you want to make path for next. As for you, – he looked at Niko, – I’ll leave you off near sacred tree. I’m told by spirits you’ll find your way from there.
– Patient is dying! Give me that syringe! We can’t let her escape! – Doctor shouted in despair.
Around the bed with red headed girl swarmed doctors and nurse, trying to keep the body alive, but it was too late. Injected with dozens of liquids that worked before to keep her here alive, in coma, yet against her will, now all the medicine was pointless. Nothing worked out.
– Thank you… – said red head, her voice barely heard and then it all finished. Heart stopped.
Personnel started leaving the room, letting only one doctor stay where he stood.
– Shit. – He mumbled. – She got her claws on another one. Shit.
– Doctor Kriss, you have a call from Director! – Nurse called out from the hall.
With the most unsatisfied look he got out of the room, requesting nurses to get rid of body by cremating it.
Great day outside! Sun shining, flowers blooming – making heart fulfill with joy. Up ahead, great city with white walls and rock pavements.
“I sure am back again.” – He took first step forward to his destination – Town of Krea.